I organise monthly and yearly walks that link land, landscape, history and the spiritual.
For up and coming walks please see Eventbrite.
“Solvitur ambulando” – it is solved by walking.
This has been a constant companion phrase for me and it is symbiotic: what the land needs from me comes as a natural, balanced response to my questions about myself and my sense of place.
At the core of each of the different ways I work is the physical act of walking; walking the land with intent and a clear intention. Walking and being with the land allows us to move without hindrance, to connect into our inner feelings and lets us be receptive to the guidance that can come from the land. That guidance is revealed as we begin to feel, to observe, to hear and open us to the images that rise into our minds.
I have always believed that my connection to the land is deeper where the landscape is wilder and less altered by mankind. The more man interferes the harder it is to connect. We don’t all have access to true wild landscapes and for some it’s an uncomfortable environment, so my passion is to find the connections I’ve uncovered from the wild landscape and work to bring them to the places we live, work and walk.
Many others have trodden this path before me and have worked with the landscape in ways that reflected their own time and thinking. We now have the opportunity to pick up this work and make it relevant. We must align ourselves with these natural resources to live in harmony with our own being and with the landscape that nurtures and supports us.
Throughout history large scale landscapes were designed with symbolism to lead the trusted way. Similarly, citywide pilgrims’ paths have been discovered and enhanced over the centuries. I am still discovering pilgrimage routes and designing these same landscapes for us now, for our time. They are all available to us, to follow the guidance, revel in the space and listen to the echoes of the voices from the past.
I believe that we need this and the land needs this. Walking – or simply standing – among meaningful landscapes is the only real way to access our well-being.
- Shared Growth. Rousham. A symbolic landscape (2015-present).
- Dragon Walks. Blackdown pilgrimage – a journey into being. (2015-present).
- Dragon Walks. Walking the Walls (2019 – present).
- Dragon Walks. Sovereign Soul (2018-present).
- Dragon Walks. London city pilgrimages (2015 – present).
- Dragon Walks. Owning our Sovereignty (2015-present).
- Dragon Walks. The players journey (2015-present).
- Dragon Walks. The wheel of the year walks. (2015-present)
- Dragon Walks 2021. Walking with your belief systems.
- London Open House 2020. Walking in the footsteps of your Sovereignty.
- London Architecture Festival 2019. Boundaries.
- Dragon Walks 2019. In search of Sovereignty.
- Extinction Rebellion 2019. London wall walk.
- Shared Growth 2019. Pop up pilgrimages.
- Centro de Estudio Y Diseño del Paisaje 2018. Landscape tour of historic sites and walks.
- London Architecture Festival 2018. Movies.
- Shared Growth. Heart of London.
- Hallows Walk. For the love of London.
- London Architecture Festival 2017. Pedways.
- Gatekeeper Trust. Globe to Canonbury Pilgrimage.